In this Unit, I will...
Goal: The end goal is for the students to enjoy and be actively searching for answers to questions involving electricity and electrical devices.
1. Assess impact of the use of electricity on how we live and our environment
2. Investigate characteristics of static and current electricity and circuits
3. Understanding energy transformation
Key Vocabulary: current, battery, circuit, transform, static, electrostatic, energy, series, parallel, conductor, insulator, components, simple circuit, energy sources, device, switch, appliance, proton, electrons, neutrons
Can the students.....
* explain short/long term environmental effects of energy generated in Canada ( hydro, nuclear, wind, thermal, solar)
* create simple series/parallel circuits?
* understand current/static electricity?
* design and test devices that make electricity?